Asbestos Removal: Do You Need it?
Asbestos was introduced into Australia’s construction industry because of its durability and resistance to fire. The fibres in Asbestos are microscopic and are easily inhaled. Asbestos fibres are now a known carcinogen. When they attach to the lining of the lungs they can’t be broken down or released. This is the leading cause of a type of cancer called Mesothelioma. Asbestos removal must be carried out by a trained professional to avoid putting yourself or the public in harms way, of the potentially fatal effects, of exposure to asbestos fibres.
If your property contains asbestos and you’re planning to demolish or renovate it, it’s vital that you have it assessed and removed by a professional to avoid any health risks.
5 Things to Consider if Your Property Contains Asbestos:
- It’s not a simple process to distinguish which building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them! Asbestos was commonly used, in many products and building materials in the past, because of it’s resistance to heat, flexibility, durability and insulating properties. In relation to building materials some items asbestos was most commonly used in were: roofing, insulation, flooring, tiles and cement.
- If you’re not sure its is best to err on the side of caution and call a professional asbestos assessor to confirm what you are dealing with.
- If you suspect that it is asbestos that you are dealing with, and it isn’t bonded to any material, don’t wait, call in an asbestos removal service immediately.
- Find out the government regulations regarding the removal of asbestos in your property, they may have plans in place to help you.
- By hiring a licensed asbestos removal professional, you will ensure that your health and safety, along with those around you, are in good hands.
- For more information about the Australian Government’s plans to tackle the problem of asbestos: Read Here
- There is also a helpful guide to household safety by the Department of Health in relation to asbestos you can read here.
Find Asbestos Removal Specialists in Your Area:
Browse our directory to find Australia’s leading asbestos removal companies in your area.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
26 Sumners Road
Landscaping supplies, top soil, mulch, pavers and so much more. Serving Brisbane and the...read more
3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, Greater London. W1B 3HH
The only 100% way to prove whether or not a material contains or does...read more
Unit 2, 7 Energy Pl, Dubbo and Unit 2, 2 Riedell St, Wagga
Asbestos Consultancy Asbestos & hazmat health & safety specialists – identify, monitor & manage...read more
11 Dual Avenue
Zero ASBESTOS was founded by long-time QLD locals dedicated to ridding Australia of one...read more
Wandering Cooks is an incubator for new food entrepreneurs, particularly you who roam to...read more