Asbestos Removal: Do You Need it?
Asbestos was introduced into Australia’s construction industry because of its durability and resistance to fire. The fibres in Asbestos are microscopic and are easily inhaled. Asbestos fibres are now a known carcinogen. When they attach to the lining of the lungs they can’t be broken down or released. This is the leading cause of a type of cancer called Mesothelioma. Asbestos removal must be carried out by a trained professional to avoid putting yourself or the public in harms way, of the potentially fatal effects, of exposure to asbestos fibres.
If your property contains asbestos and you’re planning to demolish or renovate it, it’s vital that you have it assessed and removed by a professional to avoid any health risks.
5 Things to Consider if Your Property Contains Asbestos:
- It’s not a simple process to distinguish which building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them! Asbestos was commonly used, in many products and building materials in the past, because of it’s resistance to heat, flexibility, durability and insulating properties. In relation to building materials some items asbestos was most commonly used in were: roofing, insulation, flooring, tiles and cement.
- If you’re not sure its is best to err on the side of caution and call a professional asbestos assessor to confirm what you are dealing with.
- If you suspect that it is asbestos that you are dealing with, and it isn’t bonded to any material, don’t wait, call in an asbestos removal service immediately.
- Find out the government regulations regarding the removal of asbestos in your property, they may have plans in place to help you.
- By hiring a licensed asbestos removal professional, you will ensure that your health and safety, along with those around you, are in good hands.
- For more information about the Australian Government’s plans to tackle the problem of asbestos: Read Here
- There is also a helpful guide to household safety by the Department of Health in relation to asbestos you can read here.
Find Asbestos Removal Specialists in Your Area:
Browse our directory to find Australia’s leading asbestos removal companies in your area.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
49 Queens Road, Fivedock, NSW 2046
Australian Home Demolition specialises in house demolition. The name really says it all. We...read more
5/117 Hardware Street
With over 10 years of experience in the removal of asbestos, Pro Asbestos Removal...read more
15 Richland Ave Coopers Plains QLD 4108
A1 Asbestos Removals is an asbestos removal company located in Brisbane for over ten...read more
68 Arnold Ave Kellyville NSW 2155
Integrated Environmental Pty Ltd (INTENV) established itself early in 2014 by Director and principal...read more
21 Mills Street, Cannington, WA 6107
Cheap asbestos assessment and testing. Results in under 24 hours. Shop and pay online.read more